Official start of the 22/23 year! August 22nd – 26th

Hello, Families! I’d like to introduce you to the Bulldog Blog. I use this space to collect and share information with families. It’s much easier to add documents, photos, schedules, etc. here instead of MASSIVE email.

I will give a preview of the items mentioned in this blog in my “Week Ahead” email. This should help you all sift through information quickly – I know we all are bogged down by emails.

My favorite item to write about is my “What I Noticed” section. I jot down quick observations from my travels around the building and share them all with you. We have an amazing staff that challenges your students – it would be a shame if you didn’t get a glimpse of that work!

What I Noticed

This past week has been ALL preparation. We are gearing up for your students to get here!

• Karen and Mike, our building custodians, have meticulous in their cleaning of our building and have done an outstanding job preparing classrooms and spaces!
  • Erika Clark, our new administrative assistant, has had the impossible task of replacing Lisa Zocharski (now at Central Office). Erika has already exceeded expectations and is impressing everyone!
  • Betsy Elkins and Patti Musolf have been invaluable members of our front office, and keep our ship headed in the right direction. Thank you!
  • Dennis Strzyzewski, our 6th and 7th grade counselor, has been hosting our new families all week and familiarizing them with Beach.
  • Our new staff members, Corynne Eder and Alex Soule, have been working with all new staff members across the district in our “New Staff Orientation”. We are so thankful to have them aboard!
  • Our WEB Leaders have been training so hard the last two days and are ready to lead our new 6th graders at Orientation (more below)!

Week Ahead

• Monday – WEB Orientation (more below), New Student/Family Meeting (more below)
  • Tuesday – Teacher Professional Development
  • Wednesday – Teacher Professional Development, OPEN HOUSE 5:00pm – 7:00pm (More Below)
  • Thursday – Nothing
  • Friday – Nothing

Schedules

Your student’s schedule is now available on PowerSchool. If you are unable to access your PowerSchool account, please go through this troubleshooting document. If problems continue to persist, please contact the Beach front office at 734-433-2202.

WEB Orientation

Beach Middle School – August 22nd, 8:00am – Noon

WEB Orientation is one of the biggest events of the entire school year. It sets the tone for your 6th grader’s tenure at Beach. Not only will your student familiarize themselves with their new surroundings, but they’ll learn their schedule, practice their locker coms, make new friends, and receive mentorship from our trained 8th graders. Please read the following communication from Mr. Lott for more details.

New Family Meetings

Beach Middle School – August 22nd, 11:30 – 12:30

We will host a brief group meeting for new families in the Chelsea School District that have students attending Beach. Mr. Strzyzewski will host the new students, while Ms. Franco and I will be hosting parents/caregivers. 

Open House

Beach Middle School – August 24th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm

This is a great opportunity for families to walkabout, see their students classrooms, give a hello to staff members, and get comfortable heading into the school year. I’ve attached a checklist for your family to go through in order to make sure you hit all the important parts! Here is a map of Beach to help you navigate.

– Please note: there is a 6th grade camp meeting at 6:00pm in the cafeteria. I highly encourage all 6th grade families to attend. This is hosted by Mary Morgans and Kevin Tykoski, and will give important details about 6th grade camp!

7th Grade Immunizations

This is a reminder per the State of Michigan Department of Health, that all incoming 7th grade and new students must be fully immunized to begin their 7th-grade year.  Please make sure your child is up-to-date on their immunizations.  A letter has been mailed home today if your child is incomplete and in need of updated immunizations.

If you have any questions, please call Patti at the office (734-433-2202) beginning Monday, August 22nd,

School Supplies

Finally, here is a list of school supplies so you can get a jump on back-to-school shopping! If your family needs assistance with obtaining school supplies, please let us know!

– 6th Grade Supplies

– 7th Grade Supplies

– 8th Grade Supplies

– Backpack

– One sturdy, plastic, 2 pocket folder
– Earbuds/headphones to keep at school
– 4 –  1” three-ring binders
– 2 packages of #2 pencils
– Pencil-top erasers
– 3 highlighters of different colors