What I noticed this year
- Exploration, discovery, empathy, grit, advocacy, self-direction
- Growth, both physically and socially
- Inspiring adults working with students EVERY day
- Eager and energetic students
- A whole lot of good will towards one another
- There are no updates to Beach, unlike many of the other buildings in the district
- Fall sports emails will come out in August
- Student schedules will not be released until August
- The Beach office will close for the Summer on June 22nd. If you have anything in the building after this date you will not be able to get it until we re-open in August.
- Be prepared for cell phones to NOT be allowed in classrooms for the coming school year. There are a lot of reasons for this, but none are greater than this:
There is no need for them to be in class. We don’t use them instructionally, they’re a distraction to our purpose and goal, and we’ve gotten away from interacting with one another face-to-face. Thank you, in advance for supporting this!
8th Grade Celebration
We will be holding the 8th Grade Celebration on Tuesday June 13th from 5:00 – 8:00pm. This is just a dance. We will not be holding a family Farewell ceremony as we have in years passed.
Thumbs Up! Nick King Foundation Golf Outing
The Thumbs Up! Nick King Foundation has supported our 8th grade traveling to Washington D.C. for the last 2 years through scholarship. We are beyond grateful for making sure each and every 8th grader gets to go on the trip if they’ve earned and want to! In turn, please help us support the foundation by signing up for their annual golf outing!
7th Grade Immunizations
Michigan law requires that all seventh graders immunization status be assessed prior to the first day of the 2023-24 school year. Parents/guardians must provide an immunization record that documents that the child has received all of the required immunizations or at least one dose of each required immunization and is not yet due for the next dose.
Please refer to the chart below to determine if your child is up-to date with their required vaccines. Schedule an appointment immediately if your child is in need of vaccines.
Seventh Grade required Immunizations for Entry to all Michigan Public and Non-Public Schools.
Vaccine * Dose
|Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis||4 doses D and T or 3 doses of Td if #1 given on or after 7 years of age. 1 dose of Tdap for children 11 through 18 years if 5 years since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria containing vaccine|
|Measles, Mumps, Rubella||2 doses on or after 12 months of age|
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|Meningococcal||1 dose for children 11-18 years of age|
|Varicella(chickenpox)||2 doses of Varicella vaccine at or after 12 months of age or current lab immunity or reliable history of disease.|
-For more information, please refer to www.michigan.gov/immunize or your child’s health physician.
-Hepatitis A, HPV and a yearly Influenza vaccine are additional vaccines recommended by the Advisory Committee
If your information is up-to-date with your healthcare provider, then you do not need to submit anything to Beach. If you are seeking a waiver to immunization, you will need to contact the Washtenaw County Health Department.